We are Kopano and we have over 10 years of experience in email and communication. We have the ambition to become the largest open source communication vendor by bringing best-of-breed communication technologies and solutions together in a single platform.
Our young and dynamic teams are situated in The Netherlands and in Germany. From these offices we work together with hundreds of partners to serve thousands of customers worldwide, as well as with many worldwide experts in the field of open source development and various Linux communities.
We are looking for…
…someone who wants to help Kopano partners and customers provide a great experience with the components in our software stack. You will be working with modern, state-of-the-art technologies such as WebRTC and ChatOps for the Realtime Communication product suite, LibreOffice Online for Document Collaboration and of course Core and WebApp for the Kopano Groupware offering.
This versatile position as Linux Engineer offers you a unique opportunity to work with the latest available technology. You will be working together with our product development team and our partners to provide the best possible product and experience to our end users. In an average week, you will be:
- Starting the day off with a standup, where customer/product issues are discussed in the team;
- Proactively testing of systems and features in an internal or at a customer, analyzing, verifying and helping prevent issues;
- Providing phone and email support to partners;
- On a weekly basis, be part of the international professional services meeting, where issues are discussed and knowledge is exchanged between the teams in different countries;
- Be part of the future of Kopano: shaping new products and services;
We need a multitasking teamplayer with a positive mindset to be part of our support and professional services team who can also work together with the quality assurance team – keeping our product quality at a great level. In an average week, you will be handling support cases of different technological levels by both email and phone, and are encouraged to verify implementation of new features and bugfixes in our different products.
You should have great analytical skills and a drive to dive deep in to technological challenges. Linux experience on the command line is a must, preferably in a professional working environment. Good oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch are a must.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 1 to 3 years working experience
- Good analytical skills
- Linux command-line experience
- Fulltime availability (40 hours per week)
It would be great (but not required) for you to:
- Have some experience setting up and managing a mail- or webserver
- Have a good grasp of documents, groupware and email products and standards
- Have affinity with Open Source and software products
- Have linux or open source ‘hobby projects’
…free coffee and tea as much as you can drink ;-). And of course we offer market conform salary, secondary benefits such as lunches, pension and significant flexibility in finding a good work-life balance. We support your personal development in a broad range of technical and non-technical aspects through training, monthly coaching and bi-yearly reviews. You get to collaborate and exchange ideas with skilled colleagues and experts at Kopano, in the open source community and beyond. We make sure you can work with good processes, nice equipment and state-of-the-art tools such as the Atlassian stack (Confluence, Jira) and interaction with experts in the field.
No (recruitment) agencies please