DeskApp is designed to be the bridge between WebApp and the desktop. DeskApp adds features a web application in a browser can’t, such as being set as the default email client, integrate with the file system to send any file as an attachment. Or even with the operating system so you can send emails from any office application. In version 1.3 we’ve focused primarily on proxy support, easy to use spellcheckers, user-configurable download settings and enhanced security options requiring you to enter your password on logon.
This version introduces improvements and new features that provide control over download behavior (e.g. for attachments).
- Download history
- Default download location
- Directly open a downloaded file
These new features and settings can be found in DeskApp settings located in the “Downloads” section.
More fixes and improvements
We’ve also implemented various other features:
- Ask password on login for saved profiles (enhanced security)
- Enhanced proxy support, which will also ask for credentials when needed
- Client-side spellchecking is enabled for many languages
Based on customer feedback (thanks for reporting!) we have also been able to fix many issues. A few highlights:
- Crash while printing an item on OSX
- Password decryption failure causing a failed startup
- Image data not copied
And much more. The full changelog can be found here.
How do I get this new version?
The packages can be found in the repositories, the portal and the download server (all require login). User documentation can be found here and administrator documentation can be found here.
Let us know about your experience by contacting our support team, posting on the forum, or send an email to .