Making communication easier, faster and more enjoyable is an ongoing process. With the recent release of WebApp 3.1 which introduced some new features such as the support for favorite folders and pop-outs for email reading and writing we made quite some steps already. Today we are ready to announce the first beta of WebApp 3.2.0 giving you a first glance of these new things.
So what’s new?
New mail filter options
One of the things we’ve been working on is the support for new mail filters (or ‘rules’). We are working on completing the set supported by Kopano Core. The 3.2 beta 1 version supports the following new mail filters:
- Rules for email received as ‘to’ or ‘cc’
- Rules based on ‘sensitivity’ values (e.g. private, confidential)
- Rules for messages received within a certain date span
- Rules for messages received as ‘to’
- Rules for messages received as ‘cc’
- Rules for messages containing attachments
Kopano Search recently received an upgrade that can provide ‘suggestions’ for search terms based on your search query. This can help find messages with keywords that may contain a typo (e.g. a suggestion might be ‘orange’ when the user entered ‘oragne’, or vice-versa, if ‘oragne’ is a common keyword in your search index). Search suggestions are given below the search keyword field and are displayed immediately after performing a search query.
- The HTML editor can now be translated (e.g. tooltips)
- Add changes to meeting requests as an organizer without sharing them
- Administrators can now mark plugins as ‘cannot be disabled’
What is next?
Development for WebApp is still ongoing. You can expect more releases introducing another exciting set of features in the next months. Right now we are really looking forward to your feedback on this version as this will help us further improve and adapt WebApp to fit the needs of the user best. Let us know what you think by sending an email to email@example.com.
Where do I get the packages?
The packages can be found in the repositories, the portal and the download server (all require login). You can find the latest development version of WebApp (and the plugins) on the community download site. The changelog can be found here, alongside the documentation.