New releases for Kopano Core and Kopano WebApp
We are pleased to announce today that there are two new releases of Kopano. (See ReleaseNote on the website)
After some reorganization of the team in the background and the integration of the bytemine colleagues, we can announce with this newsletter that the work of the last weeks has resulted in the two releases Kopano Groupware Core 8.7.25 and Kopano WebApp 5.3. For the rpm-based packages we unfortunately need a few more days, because there is a persistent problem in the build process to be solved.
- Groups are no longer expanded to individual email addresses when an email is sent to an email address that belongs to a group. (KC-1792)
- When running certain Kopano Groupware Core 8.7.x versions on rpm-based distributions, emails were sometimes rejected by remote servers due to policy restrictions. This was caused by a newer version of the libvmime-kopano3 package. The libvmime-kopano3 package was downgraded with Kopano 8.7.25. The correct version can be installed with: yum downgrade libvmime-kopano3 (KC-2002)
- Important is the new feature optimized editor Jodit for the WebApp, which we already announced in the last newsletter for this release.
- Emails are now printed with wider margins, which prevents problems with certain printers. (KW-3731)
- Users can now create subfolders in the folder tree that are of a different type than the parent folder. Contact folders created this way now also appear in the GAB as an option in the drop-down menu when selecting which folder to display. (KW-578)
- Directly consecutive appointments now show a small space to distinguish between two appointments. (KW-3765)
- In certain cases, meeting cancellation emails did not display a cancellation in the body of the email; this is now fixed. (KW-3750)
So we are picking up more speed technically as well, and even though some expected much more, the events of last year are not going to be made up for anytime soon.
Update of the release information on the website
If you haven’t looked at the release page of the website for a while, you will find some releases of the last year there, which have not been announced yet, but have made it into the repositories. Until 2 weeks ago, the last entry from 04/16/2021 was Kopano WebApp 5.1.0.
Here is the list with links: